Welcome to the main running event of Timisoara, where you can enjoy one of the races on the streets and in the parks of a beautiful city. The event celebrates the entrance of Prince Eugene of Savoy in the city of Temeswar, on the “Forforosa” gate, after defeating the ottoman army, on October 18th, 1716
This is a very brief summary of Timisoara City Marathon participants’ booklet that is provided in Romanian. For more information please send your questions to email@example.com
The event is scheduled on Sunday, October 25th 2020 and consists of two real races 42km and 21km.
Due to COVID 19 related constraints, if you are not already in Timisoara we recommend that you choose the “Timisoara City Marathon 2020” Virtual Race (5-10-21-42km) and you run the chosen distance at your own location between October 26th and November 1st.
Upon completion of the race the official T-shirt and the finisher medal may be sent to you (registration does not include the shipping fee).
For any question related to registration please contact us:
firstname.lastname@example.org (english only)
To register you need to fill in the following form by choosing your race:
Your place is reserved (status NEW), waiting for payment for 3 working days. If the registration fee is not paid on time, the registration is deleted and has to be repeated if participation is desired. Here’s the payment methods for the registration fee:
- By visa card directly from the registration site;
- Bank transfer with the following memo: „Participare TCM2018 Family Name, First name” (name of the participant if different than payer):
Into the following IBAN RO45.BACX.0000.0007.9166.2000 belonging to CS Asociația Alergotura Unicredit Bank – in RON
You may want to check if your status is CONF (confirmed) on the participants list. Once you are confirmed you will be assigned a race number (BIB) and a confirmation letter will be sent to your e-mail. You may want to use google translate to understand that letter. Please print it, sign it and have it with you at the BIB collection.
- 10:00-16:00 BIB collection/distribution– location to be confirmed
- 06:45 Bus departure from “Timisoara” Hotel parking to Otelec for Marathon race participants only
- 08:30 Start of “Cavalerii Cetatii” Marathon from 3.5 km East of Otelec
Half-marathon “Eugeniu de Savoya”, Relay “Solii Cetatii”, Cross “Poarta Forforosa” (10.6 km individual)
- 07:30-08:30 BIB distribution (Liberty Square – Start/Finish line)
- 08:35 Technical presentation of the race
- 08:45 Warm-up
- 09:00 Start – from Liberty Square
Cross “Batalionul Banat” (5.5 km)
- 07:30-10:00 BIB distribution (Liberty Square – Start/Finish line)
- 10:35 Technical presentation of the race
- 10:45 Warm-up
- 11:00 Start – from Liberty Square
- 14:00 Awards ceremony in Liberty Square
The schedule may be modified by organizer.
We recommend the following partner hotels:
- NH Hotel Timisoara , booking code NH15%TCM
You will have the unique opportunity to visit some of the city cultural attractions: